The FreeBSD Release Engineering Team recently announced the availability of FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE, the second 7-STABLE release (7.0 was released a year ago, in February). FreeBSD 7.1 improves on the functionality of FreeBSD 7.0 and introduces some new features. The changelog includes kernel changes, new hardware support, storage and filesystem enhancements.
linuxsysconfig.com provides reviews, tutorials and howtos about Linux and open source applications.
All content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
- How to manually download, compile and install RHEL 6 updates
- How to configure remote logging on RHEL6/CentOS6
- Create a yum repository with custom GPG-signed RPM packages
- How to setup the 32-bit flash plugin for Steam on 64-bit Fedora
- Compile latest ffmpeg and vlc on CentOS 6
- VirtualBox 4.1.26 and 4.2.12 released
- GPU benchmark tools for Linux
- Firefox 20 released for Fedora 15/16 and EL6
- Running multiple Python versions on CentOS6/RHEL6/SL6
- Kaspersky Rescue Disk
- Install the Nimbus theme on Centos6/RHEL6
- A peek at Fedora Rawhide
- First attempt at nested virtualization
- RPMize your Humble Bundle Linux games for Fedora 17/18
- Fedora 18, Xorg, GLX and the Nvidia installer
Tagsamarok audio backup centos commands desura distro dkms fdisk fedora firefox freebsd fud games glx gmail gnome httpd kernel keyboard last.fm nouveau nvidia OOo opensolaris proxy recovery redhat rescue review rpm screencast security slackware software ssl steam sysadmin twitter vbox video virtualization vmware wine yum